The Wren Hall

The Wren Hall, Salisbury Founded in 1559, the Choristers School – also called the Wren Hall – was remodelled in the early 1700’s in a graceful Queen Anne style to provide a classroom and dormitories for the Cathedral choristers, generations of whom received an education within its walls until 1947 when it closed. The Sarum Studio continues this educational ethic.

Light and space are the most important requirements when drawing and painting from life, and the East/West orientation of the studio provides ideal natural light throughout the day. The hall is big enough to provide optimal working conditions, with ample room for students to stand back at the proper distance to review their work.